We regret the contents of your shipment are in less than perfect condition and any inconvenience this may have caused.
State, Federal, and International regulations require a claimant to prove:
- The freight was tendered in good condition at Origin.
- The freight was short or damaged at Destination.
- The validity of the definitive dollar amount as stated on the claim form.
Claims must be supported by the following documents:
- Original invoice for the purchase of the products
- Packing List
- Repair Estimate/Salvage Value (if applicable)
- Photos of Damage
- Copy of BOL where the goods were signed for short or damaged
Claim presentations lacking sufficient information and documentation to establish that the loss, shortage, or damage occurred during transport will not be accepted.