PGL Intermodal Service
Intermodal or rail plus truck service creates efficiencies in your supply chain by providing more equipment options, greener miles, and often, a lower priced alternative to truck transportation. In certain lanes over 500 miles, Intermodal also gives you the most effective combination of rates, service, trailer size, and mode all configured to meet your exact requirements.
You can count on PGL and our award-winning, dependable Intermodal service and our powerful relationships with all the Class I railroads to ensure that you’ll obtain the equipment you need, when you need it. PowerTrak will keep you advised of the shipment’s status along the way, including any deviations you need to know about. We know how to reduce or eliminate unplanned costs for better control. And with total visibility to your freight, you and your customers will have peace of mind.
Our Intermodal service helps you:
- Minimize budget fluctuations by providing competitive and consistent pricing
- Provide committed capacity and modal alternatives that are scaled to fit your needs in order to provide comprehensive, coast-to-coast coverage for your supply chain, as well as service in Canada and Mexico
- Accommodate your requirements for drop trailers, refrigerated equipment, or live load/unload operations
- Gain flexibility to cover your short-term capacity needs and volume surges through a single point of contact and our ability to easily convert shipments between truck and rail
- Obtain exceptional customer service that measures providers based on on-time performance, customer service, value, information technology, and equipment and operations
- Work with one of the only IMCs that can provide 53′ equipment on both the Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroads
- Utilize our dynamic exception management technology that proactively identifies gaps in service expectations
- Obtain customized reporting that identifies service levels and accessorial challenges for collaborative research