The State of Connecticut was in need of a supply chain solution within a timeframe that did not allow for the timing usually necessary to follow standard procurement processes. Details about the move include:
- Conducted from May 9 to May 31, 2022
- Empty a 160,000 square foot warehouse
- Conduct inventory during move-out, separating active inventory from surplus
- Install on-going inventory management system
- Establish expiration date visibility
- Move 7730 pallets on 254 truck loads
For this program, PGL has teamed up with Grainger, a giant in the industrial supply industry, which has proven to be an invaluable partnership. Together, in extremely challenging circumstances, we were able to able to complete the move on time, while simultaneously conducting wall-to-wall inventory and capturing required stock unit attributes and effectively managing the PPE stockpile to better fit needs of the state of Connecticut. This included accurate reporting of inventory, installing means for fulfilling orders, creating custom dashboards to track consumption rates, expiration dates, and measuring date of expiration vs. inventory depletion rate.
PGL services utilized:
- Coordinating transportation for the move to a new warehouse twenty miles away
- Deployed an advanced warehouse management system to facilitate inventory management
- Designed reporting and analytics dashboards leading to informed decision making with regard to inventory
- Installed an ordering system allowing for ease of order input and offering greater visibility and book keeping
- Established effective receiving and fulfillment processes, including cycle counting
- Added more effective picking solutions within the WMS such as pick waves, leading to increased efficiency
- Staffing and personnel services
PGL was able to partner with Grainger following the state’s guidance and utilize an existing NASPO ValuePoint Agreement that allowed us to bring to market a solution in record time while eliminating the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
In the face of adversity, PGL gets it done.